Kitchen Corner

February 6, 2009

Red Bean Buns

I simply couldn't resist to bake something while I was away from home recently. My hand was so itchy that just couldn't stop touching those utensil in the kitchen of my mother-in-law. She had ready made red bean paste so we decided to make some red bean buns together using her new bread machine. I felt so good after the baking as the bread turn out quite pretty, soft and tasty.

Bun recipe:

(A) 200g bread flour / 20g plain flour / 25g sugar / 1/4 teaspoon salt / 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp yeast / 15g milk powder / 25g eggs / 115g water / 15g butter

(B) 200g red bean paste (divide into 8 portions) / 20g white sesame

How we do it:

  1. Mix ingredients (A) with bread machine for 30 minutes until it become a smooth and elastic dough.
  2. Place the dough into a clean bowl and cover with cling wrap to proof for 60 minutes.
  3. Divide the dough into 8 portions and round them into small balls. Then fill the doughs with red bean and shape it into a smooth balls. Let the dough proof for 15 minutes.
  4. Slightly flatten each dough and use a scissor to cut the edges into 8 flower pedals. Continue to proof for 10 minutes.
  5. Egg wash the doughs then top with some sesame. Bake at 190'C preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.

10 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Grace,
Good collaboration with your mother-in-law! Any more bakings before you come back? Your red bean flower very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hello kitchen corner, may i know after the 15g butter, the 200 is what. The red bean bun is really look delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe

Snooky doodle said...

How nice these buns are. Wish to try the red bean paste. Ha I tried making it but I made a mistake and ended up making candied beans :)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Jane,
This would be my last baking in M'sia. I've back in Singapore now. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Snooky doodle,
Hope you'll like these buns. Enjoy!

Hi Anonymous,
Sorry for the typing error. I've deleted the "200g" at the recipe.

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

Can tell from the photo that you have a good patient. Your Red Bean Buns is nicely mould and bake. Give you a big clap. :)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Happy Flour,
Thanks for the big clap. I've got to give half the clap to my mother in law as she did it with me. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kitchen corner,

Your red bean bun look so yummy!
Can't wait to try making them myself.
For the water in the recipe, can i replace with milk and omit the milk powder?

Thanks

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Anonymous,
I haven't tried to omit the milk powder before. But you could try to replace the water to milk. Please let know how it works ok? Cheers!

Annabel said...

Hi Grace,

thanks for sharing the red bean buns. They certainly got a double thumbs-up from hubby!